The boys from Milcomp visited us in order to test the APC556 PDW. Here is their review:
Peltor active ear protection ComTac XPI with microphone MT73, 26dB, black
The 3M™ PELTOR™ ComTac XPI protects hearing from harmful noise, improves situational awareness, and enables two-way communication in noisy environments. The product can be combined with other military equipment such as helmets, protective vests, etc.
• MT73 microphone
• Level-dependent function for the perception of ambient noise
• With hinged headband, convenient for transport and storage
• Voice-controlled menu
• Functions: release time, balance, external mute mode for mute, equalizer mode
• Plug mode (increasing the level-dependent function when wearing additional earplugs)
• SNR value 39 dB when combined with ear plugs
• Automatic shutdown two hours after the last key confirmation
• Neither software nor external power supply is needed; the headset is completely self-contained,
• Tested to military standards
Follow the instructions of the manufacturer
SNR = 26dB
All prices shown incl. taxes.